On September 21, Greg Williams, Manager of the Alliance for Addiction Payment Reform, will provide remarks at a webinar entitled “National Recovery Month Congressional Briefing: Turning Policy Into Action – How Recovery Supports Save Lives.” Co-hosted by Third Horizon Strategies; The United States House Addiction, Treatment, and Recovery Caucus; Senator Chris Murphy (CT); and Senator Lisa Murkowski (AK), the event will feature a robust discussion about the value of recovery support services in communities and opportunities to expand and scale these promising practices that can help save lives.
Carol McDaid, Principal at Capitol Decisions Inc., will moderate the discussion. Speakers include:
- Miriam Delphin-Rittmon, Ph.D., Assistant Secretary for Mental Health and Substance Use, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- The Honorable Paul Tonko, United States Representative (NY-20)
- The Honorable David B. McKinley, United States Representative (WV-01)*
- Vice Admiral Vivek H. Murthy, MD, MBA, U.S. Surgeon General, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Greg Williams, Manager, The Alliance for Addiction Payment Reform
- David Whiters, Ph.D., Founding Member, African American Federation of Recovery Organizations (AAFRO)
- Rebecca Allen, Director of Recovery Advocacy, Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery (CCAR)
- Kevin Shuler, Emergency Department Recovery Coach Manager, Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery (CCAR
During the event, Third Horizon Strategies will release an environmental scan on emerging data and case studies from local communities currently investing in recovery support services. The document will provide an overview of federal program recovery support, current efforts in a number of areas – recovery housing, recovery community centers, peer recovery support services, education-based recovery services, and culturally responsive recovery supports – and opportunities for expansion and scaling.
Register for the event here.